Saturday, May 06, 2006

Face From The Past....

The second series of Dr Who is full swing here on the Beeb, while the first series is being aired in the US (which makes a change, it's usually us in Blightly who're a series behind, though I've noticed the time gap is closing...). I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen any of David Tennant's Doctor, but I had to mark the return of one of my childhood crushes - Elizabeth Sladen as Sarah Jane Smith. As I'm sure Billy Piper does for boys of a certain age now, Sarah Jane made Dr Who unmissable, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wished he was doing the rescuing. She was by far my favourite Doctor's assistant. The episode last week was excellent, with a lot of emotion, plus Anthony [Buffy's Giles] Head [here showing his Ripper side]. Though I reckon he'd have been more at home in the previous week's episode, "Tooth and Claw"..... For more info and a Tardis full of pics and clips, go to the Beeb's Dr Who site....

No comments: