Sunday, November 06, 2005

57 Channels and there's too much on....

One of the most useful things I've found on the web has to be Digiguide. At 9 quid a year it beats any listing guide hands down. And now I need it more than ever. Even just having Freeview and Telewest's basic package here at Wolf Towers, we have access to more channels than we could ever need. So planning a night's viewing requires precise planning. The main problem is that the stuff we want to watch all seems to pop up at the same time, so tough decisions have to be made. What to watch? What to record? What to put off until it's repeated later in the week? When to watch the stuff we've recorded? We've still got the whole of Rome and about three episodes of Nip/Tuck to get through. This doesn't leave much time to watch the DVDs we have piling up getting dusty, and it's a good job I have a bit of a travel to work or I'd never hear any music. And it grieves me to think that the last time we went to the cinema was to see War of the Worlds, and of the great movies we've missed since. To make things worse, now Telewest have launched a service called Teleport, which will have movies and TV progs on demand, that you will be able to use just like a DVD, with pause, fastforward etc.... sorry, I'm off for a lie down... or maybe watch that episode of House I haven't seen yet.....

No comments: