Thursday, March 30, 2006

Bob Carlos Clarke

I was shocked to read of the death of Bob Carlos Clarke in an accident a few days ago. A world renowned photographer and printer, I have been an admirer of his work for many years. His pictures were stunning and provocative; whether in his art books or for high profile ad campaigns. His obesssion with printing perfection was well known, and that drive for perfction continued when he transferred to digital. For those who didn't know him, there are obituaries here and here, and examples of his work on his website here.

1 comment:

Andi said...

"I don't believe there really IS a GAS SHORTAGE.. I think it's all just a BIG HOAX on the part of the plastic sign salesmen -- to sell more numbers!!"
-this little snippet of posting was hilarious. I am glad that you put it in your sidebar. I like hiding little surprises in my blog too.

I am sorry that Mr. Clarke died. I will go look at his work.